How dental implants from your dentist in Alexandria, Virginia can rebuild your smile
Tooth loss doesn’t just affect your appearance; it can also dramatically affect your life. Fortunately, there are more tooth replacement options available today than ever before. Here at Alexandria Smiles Dentistry in Alexandria, VA, Dr. Moutaz Abdeen offers a wide range of options to rebuild your smile. He proudly serves residents of Alexandria, Alexandria West, Shirlington, and Bailey’s Crossroads, VA, and he can help you and your smile too.
There are many negative effects of tooth loss. Consider that losing your teeth will:
- Make your smile far less appealing, which will affect how you look to others
- Cause you to lose supporting bone, which can cause facial sagging
- Decrease your self-esteem, because you will feel more self-conscious without teeth
- Decrease your self-confidence, because your speech may be affected
- Decrease your ability to chew your food well, so you may have to watch what you eat
- Decrease your overall health, because poor chewing ability can affect your digestion
Fortunately, tooth loss can be corrected with a variety of tooth replacement options. Consider these options to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth.
- Dental implants, which are the closest to natural teeth. They will also never move around because they are firmly embedded in bone, so you never have to take them out. Dental implants help you conserve bone because bone fills in around the implant. More bone means a firmer jawline and more youthful facial contours. You clean them like natural teeth too, by brushing and flossing.
- Dental implant-supported dentures, which allow you to replace an entire arch of teeth, upper, lower, or both. These custom dentures offer all of the benefits of dental implants including stability and bone conservation, plus all the benefits of dentures. A custom denture is simply snapped in place over the dental implants.
- Other tooth replacement options to consider are dental appliances, which include partial dentures to replace a few teeth or full dentures to replace an entire arch of teeth. Dental appliances are convenient and easy to maintain.
- Dental bridges are yet another way to rebuild your smile. A dental bridge consists of prosthetic teeth that are suspended over the space where teeth are missing. The bridge is supported on both sides by natural teeth which are crowned to provide support.
To learn more about dental implants, implant-supported dentures, and other tooth replacement options, call Dr. Moutaz Abdeen of Alexandria Smiles Dentistry in Alexandria, VA, at (703) 671-0626.